The #1 question I get as a professional make-up artist is what products do I use. I am always perplexed by this question, not because I don't know what my favorite products to use are, but there is not just one. I LOVE everything make-up from $1 lipglosses to $55 foundations...if it has anything to do with make-up I'm here for it. And, though I have MAC, Nars, Urban Decay, Anastasia, Kat Von D, and the like in my kit...some of my all time favorites come from Wet n' Wild, Jordana, Black Opal and Black Radiance. Here is a list of some of my can't live without Drug Store products:
1. Black Opal Cream Foundation: I'm not going to lie, I used to be so afraid of cream foundations. I just wasn't sure how to blend them out because they tend to be super pigmented. But when I jumped on the cream band wagon, these became my go to foundations. They are the stuff of dreams, especially for women of color. And they retail for about $10 in Walmart.
2. Salon Perfect Lashes in style 614: These are my go to lashes! I wear them everyday and I stalk them at my local Walmart. They give just enough drama without looking like bat wings on your eyes. You have to love that!
3. Black Radiance Finishing Powder: Now listen...when I stumbled across this Beauty in my local
Walgreens, I wasn't sure what it was going to do with setting my highlight. But BABY...the Golden Almond is everything and this product is a staple in my kit...both personal and professional.
4. Wet n' Wild lipsticks:
When I first started building my kit, I was in search of a wide array of lip colors, that were pigmented, and MATTE...that didn't cost me an arm and a leg. These Beauties have been apart of my life since 2013, and I have no plans to change that. Plus, they retail for $2 in Walgreen's and you can often get them on sale.
5. E.L.F. Cream Gel Liner: It's the only gel liner that I use. It is Black Black, smooth, and never fails me. I consider that to be perfection.
6. Maybelline Lipsticks: I fell in love with Maybelline lipsticks when they came out with a limited edition collection that included the darkest purple lipstick I have ever seen in my life...and of course now I can remember the name, that is how limited edition ago it was. Then they blew my mind with the Buff Collection. An entire collection of nude lipsticks that actually consisted of a shade that I could get wear, and that's very rare for a brown girl like me. And, just when I thought it was safe, they changed my whole life with their new BOLD collection. Now...listen Linda, if you don't have at least one of these babies in your collection...let's just say GET THEM!!
It's all LOVE...